Lovingly restored by the owners, Pennygate Lodge stands proudly amongst extensive lawn areas and gardens, with a wonderful view over Craignure Bay.
Built in 1831, Pennygate takes its name from its location and purpose, just a stone’s throw from the pier, where monies were collected from passengers upon landing on Mull. Grade B listed, the building was originally designed to be paired back, clean, large and simple, in a typical Georgian style.
The building has been injected with a sense of tradition, coupled with very careful attention to comfort details. A big, wide, sweeping staircase takes the guests up the stairs to the rooms, along a delightful mahogany handrail. The living room is full of light with tall windows out onto the Bay where long summer evenings can be spent relaxing and looking out to sea. The decor, soft furnishings and art displayed on the walls provide a subtle link to the gardens surrounding the lodge.