Visit Mull and Iona (VMI) is run by local volunteers and is the local Destination Marketing Organisation (DMO) for the islands of Mull and Iona. We are a Community Interest Company (CIC) which allows us, as a social enterprise, to use our profits and assets for the sole benefit of our community.
All members benefit from being part of a Destination Marketing Organisation with the united common purpose of marketing and promoting the islands of Mull and Iona as a world class visitor experience and the top rural destination of choice, in Scotland.
VMI acknowledges financial support from the EU Agricultural Fund for Rural Development, under the Leader scheme. This support has assisted us to promote the islands of Mull and Iona as tourist destinations and enhance the islands’ economy.
Interested in joining?
VMI has a dedicated committee of local tourism and business professionals to represent you and your business at local, national & international levels. By becoming a subscriber, you are joining an array of other island businesses in increasing your business exposure to a worldwide audience and supporting tourism and marketing activity at a local level.
Subscription will provide you with:
- Increased online presence
- All subscribers receive a full business listing including 6 images, description, contact details including email, web and social media links
- Opportunities to interact with a wide audience of potential visitors via the active VMI social media platforms
- A dedicated marketing officer through the VMI marketing budget, you will benefit from organisational advertising and marketing in carefully selected and targeted national campaigns
- Networking and collaboration opportunities with other tourism businesses: A key benefit of being part of VMI is the feeling of belonging, working together and supporting all tourism groups on the islands.
- A ‘joint voice’ to tackle issues important to your business.
- Opportunities for representation out of area e.g. at International tourism fairs etc.
- Access to free or subsidised training courses and workshops